It truly is that simple and for all the promising athletes that fell short of their goals, the question often asked is whether they addressed diet proper. The answer to that question is as difficult as it is predictable as for decades athletes of promise failed to provide their bodies sufficient nutritional support.
Those days are over and in lieu of a number of dietary questions I thought best to address with a breakfast ‘recipe of the day’. From my kitchen to yours and given the many special offers at this time for the ingredients, I give a favourite breakfast of mine:
Pomegranate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 225 grams Greek yogurt
- 240 ml. Almond Milk (natural, not sweetened)
- 70 grams Porridge
- 150 grams Raspberries
- Arils of 1/2 Pomegranate
- 25 grams Sunflower Seeds
- 25 grams Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Manuka (‘raw’) Honey
Methods of Preparation
- In a large mouth jar combine almond milk, chia seeds, porridge, Greek yogurt and stir. Add raspberries and pomegranate arils, stir, and secure lid before refrigerating overnight or for no less than four hours.
- Serve in morning and top with sunflower seeds and honey
Nutritional Summary (2 servings) *
* Please note this amount can vary modestly depending upon commercial brands of porridge, almond milk and greek yoghurt but is materially accurate.